Nutrition Society Membership
Our members are from diverse backgrounds and include people employed within hospitals, Universities, Industry and Government with a shared interest in nutrition. We encourage membership applications from those who are University qualified in human or animal nutrition, and students working towards this qualification.
There are two classes of membership:
- Full membership $110pa
- Student membership $45pa
Note: Membership runs annually from September to September. If you apply for membership outside of this annual billing schedule, your initial invoice will be pro rata'd accordingly
How to become a Member
Please Note - All Membership (and Registration) applications are now handled through our online membership database on Gecco. If this is your first time joining NSNZ, please click the image below to create an account and apply online.
Benefits of Membership
For more details on our membership partners and benefits and a table showing graduated benefits, see the membership benefits page
- Members benefit from a discounted fee for our annual scientific conference.
- Access to abstracts and proceedings from the annual scientific conference.
- Regular informative email newsletters to keep you up to date on prominent nutrition related news and issues.
- Opportunities to register for webinars hosted by the Nutrition Society of New Zealand and Australia.
- All our members may also receive newsletters from the Nutrition Foundation (we have a partnership with this organisation).
- Student members are eligible to apply for travel grants and awards at our annual scientific meetings.
- A 25% reduction in publishing fees to publish in Nutrients. You will need to obtain the membership code when you submit your manuscript to Nutrients from the President, Secretary or Editor.
Rules of Membership