Conference 2021: Scientific Meeting of the Nutrition Society of New Zealand
Theme: Tūhono - Reconnecting
The 2021 Conference was a great success, thank you to all our speakers and attendees for helping making it such a great virtual event.
Muriel bell Lecture
At each Scientific Meeting of the Nutrition Society held in New Zealand, a free public lecture, is held in Muriel Bell's name. In 2021 this was presented by Professor Sheila Skeaff.
Wednesday 8th December 2021, 5:30-6:30pm
Online Event - recording now available
Free to attend and open to the public.
Lecture Title: Lick the plate clean: the intersection of food, nutrition, and waste.
This talk will describe my journey as an academic in human nutrition, from theory to practice. The phrase to "lick your plate clean" historically meant to eat everything on your plate, either from hunger or because the meal was so delicious. This talk will be a 2021 reinterpretation of the phrase and focus on food choice, good nutrition, and food waste.
Conference Organising Committee
- Prof. Pam von Hurst (Chair), Massey University
- Dr Sally Mackay, University of Auckland
- Dr Helen Eyles, University of Auckland
- Dr Chrissie Butts, Plant and Food NZ
- Dr Shabnam Jalili–Moghaddam, AUT
- Dr Jasmine Thomson, Fonterra
- Prof. Rachel Brown, University of Otago
- Dr. Claire Smith, University of Otago
- Cassie Slade, Massey University
- Sara Mead
- Cherise Pendergrast
- Tina Buch, Heart Foundation
- Bek Parry, CDHB/NSNZ